Well… the truth is one can’t. 🙂 But we could focus on aspects that are important and ignore the rest? Yes!
I greet you all to the sieve of all and sundry of Big Data & Analytics.
In my 25 years of experience, it is probably the last 15 years I have experienced Analytics as a profession for businesses across the globe. I have grappled with early fears not just of the subject but also of the vastness. Focus helped be to understand the important aspects of:
- creation of a strategic plan for data warehouse that is aligned to the business vision and KPIs.
- tricks in selection and deployment of reporting tools that business can use for creating dashboards, drill downs, analytics, real time monitoring, alerts, etc.
- sustainable insights creation that change the businesses eternally for the better.
- deftness in deployment of statistical modelling techniques, including predictive analytics.
- leveraging large data for marketing campaigns, especially Enterprise-wide Marketing Management.
- recognizing when one is in facing Big Data and moving fast to leverage it for one’s competitive advantage.
So let’s start.